PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Really Would like Garageband for Ubuntu.

Seankn
August 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hello I was really wanting Garageband Band for Ubuntu or windows... I just want one with some Virtual Keyboard stuff like that...

starcraft.man
August 24th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Hello I was really wanting Garageband Band for Ubuntu or windows... I just want one with some Virtual Keyboard stuff like that...

Garageband only for macs not gonna be coming to linux. You'll need to try different audio editing and midi synth programs. Try programs like audacity and fluidsynth to produce the effects your looking for. There are also many alternatives, new ones it appears I'm not familiar with. See linux app finder, like here (http://linuxappfinder.com/multimedia/audioeditors) for audio editors. Browse around and see if it provides kind of app your looking for, it's just an index of apps usually install them from repos.

joey-elijah
August 24th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Jokosher is a semi-garageband-a-like, but it doesn't (currently) use virtual instruments, but still useful for podcasting and the like.

LMMS is a free clone of fruityloops/flstudio and comes with a whole host of virtual instruments, effects, etc. And yes, you can use your keyboard to play them.

Audacity has a lot of fans, and it is useful, but doesn't have that 'user friendly' garageband interface.

There are loads more than those i mentioned. If you don't like one, move on to another.

I do think that, at some point, linux "user friendly" audio production apps will be developed, just like easy to use "imovie" like video editors currently.

Seankn
August 24th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the suggestions... Ill try them