PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] laptop for gimp and blender

Caril Chasens
August 24th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I will be looking for a used laptop, want optimum for gimp and blender. Need fairly good speed and graphics, and a laptop that is not a bad idea for a newbie. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what to get/ avoid, re brand, model and graphics card.
Thanks,
Caril

sandyd
August 24th, 2009, 03:29 AM
http://ebay.com

sandyd
August 24th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I will be looking for a used laptop, want optimum for gimp and blender. Need fairly good speed and graphics, and a laptop that is not a bad idea for a newbie. I would appreciate any suggestions as to what to get/ avoid, re brand, model and graphics card.
Thanks,
Caril

AVOID Ati. most users have one problem or another and get fustrated. go for nvidia.

AVOID intel graphics. they suck and their not really good for anything other than extermely simple graphics.

for pretty good speed, a pentium dual core should do fine. no need for anything above that. Amd x2 would do ok too.

any laptop will do. its just the fancy stuff (wifi, some other computer manufaturer added stuff such as LEDS) that causes difficulty. other than that, there should be no problems.

sandyd
August 24th, 2009, 03:36 AM
p.s. perhaps, you cna get a netbook. TTTtttheir relaively inexpensive...

oops. just saw. you want good graphics?
i don't know about graphics on a netbook because i never used one, but perhaps some other users can tell about it.