PDA

View Full Version : Zareason Terra A20 - does anybody own one?

Katalog
August 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
I currently own an Asus Eee PC 1000HA running UNR 9.04, and I'm reasonably happy with it. But for the most part I'm about supporting companies that support Linux (particularly Ubuntu), and have had my eye on the Zareason Terra A20. It's lacking a bit in the specs department compared to my current netbook (3 cell vs 6 cell battery, 0.3mp webcam vs 1.3 mp webcam), but it matches up almost exactly in all other hardware aspects and has a mobile broadband option as well (which the 1000HA does not), but I like the fact that they support Ubuntu and the Mocha color variant of the netbook just screams "Buy me!!". So anyway, I wondered if anyone had already bought or used one of these netbooks and what their impressions of it are. The interwebs seem to be pretty devoid of any reviews of this machine, so I thought I'd try and get some firsthand knowledge of the build quality, battery life, etc. if I can find someone who already owns one.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

ajparrillo
September 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I am also looking at them...mostly for the 500gb hard drive upgrade. I was originally trying to find the Archos 10 with ubuntu and 500gb hard drive that was sold THROUGH Archos in France, but to no avail.

xarte
January 8th, 2010, 05:30 AM
I'd also like to hear more about the Zareason. I'd be ordering from Australia but I really like the look of them - great colour - and would like to support a Linux-centric company.

So 'bump' .... anybody?