PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video and audio problems

Struki
August 22nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Hi all! I'm a new linux user and I have some issues, hope I'll get help here!

So:
1. I've installed ATI/AMD proprietary FGLRX graphics drivers sugested by the update manager, and I got overall visual improvements but all of mine video players(VLC and deafult Movie Player) got f**** up. I can't turn them to full screen and they are set in some wierd ratio, anyway, all in all not working right. Any ideas?

2.I got this constant problems with my mozzila flash plugin that i got tru sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras command, all kind off flash players and applications are "lagy" and are runing slow (diablo 3 website, dailymotion player, all kind of online video players, youtube full screen etc. ), so what should I do?

3. I got no sound at all, I did some modifications and I got some sounds but every now and then I would get some "static kind" noises instead of the sound I should get. So?

Consider that I'm expirienced computer user, only not in linux :razz:, so u can trow anything at me I'll manage (more or less), but since I don't know my way round linux yet, you could present any explanations in a "for-a-child-manner". For my specs look in my sig. Thnx guys!