PDA

View Full Version : Is there a general discussion area for ubuntu users to chat about other things?

kapi
August 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi wondered if a general discussion area for ubuntu users to chat, not necessarily for techie related stuff though.

The reason I ask is that there seems to be such a spirit of commoradarie (apologies for the spelling) with all of the ubuntu users. We help and support each other and I am really impressed.

To that end I was hoping for some advise regarding relocating to London as a result of an interview I had yesterday.

I apologize for the content of the post not being entirely techie related but the forum truely is a huge resource of like minded people.

Thanks

howefield
August 22nd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Try the Community Cafe...

"The Community Cafe
The Community Chat area is for lighthearted and enjoyable discussions, like you might find around a water cooler at work.

Almost any non-tech-support topic may be discussed here. Discussions on religion and politics are not allowed, except for politics directly related to free and open source issues. Any topic or discussion that causes problems or drama will be closed. This area is intended for fun and community building, not arguments. Please take those elsewhere. Thanks!"

kapi
August 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks, I did think about that but wondered if the discussions still related to ubuntu etc

I'll give it a go

Cheers

Kd40
August 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
nice, if there was a techie chat i think that'd be cool also.

oldos2er
August 22nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
Maybe http://myubuntu.ning.com/ is what you're looking for.