PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Youtube full screen is pixely and slow

perniciousperegrine
August 22nd, 2009, 03:12 AM
Since I've installed Ubuntu (Jaunty) full screen Youtube videos have been really "Pixely" and they seem to go frame by frame. I have a good fast LAN connection, and the quality was better when I had windows. So the problem is not my hardware. I lowered the enhanced graphics and the problem still persisted.

:confused:Any suggestions?

juliobahar
September 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Since I've installed Ubuntu (Jaunty) full screen Youtube videos have been really "Pixely" and they seem to go frame by frame. I have a good fast LAN connection, and the quality was better when I had windows. So the problem is not my hardware. I lowered the enhanced graphics and the problem still persisted.

:confused:Any suggestions?

I happen to have the same problem with all FLV files running fullscreen under firefox ubuntu jaunty.:confused: This problem is on both computers I have (Desktop & Laptop) it isn't something related to the hardware. I guess it is an issue with the firefox plugin "adobe flash". Btw the video are fine when play in browser window & when downloaded and run by any player.

Awaiting suggestions...

im.saravanan
September 30th, 2009, 12:24 AM
I too have the same problem. Youtube videos are are not handled very well in fullscreen mode in ubuntu 9.04. My PC- Intel 945 GCNL M/board. core2duo-2GB Ram, -

Marlonsm
September 30th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I also had the same problem, it got fixed when I updated the nVidia graphics driver, I'm not sure about what to do if you have graphis by Intel.

Maybe updating the Flash player...