PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trouble Installing Intel Intergrated graphics card

bert4130
August 22nd, 2009, 01:17 AM
Hi I am new to Ubuntu, i am a complete noob. I had my old nvidia 7600 card before and i am pretty sure it died. It was working then the screen goes crazy and everything crashes. So now im trying to use the onboard graphics card. But have no idea how to install i have been all over the forums and havent found a soulution or i dont understand it. I am trying to run world of warcraft on the intergrated card. When i try to open it it says " Failed to find suitable display device." I am guessing becuase i havent installed it!? I know it can run it i use to run it on windows xp fine low fps but it would work. But i lose my xp disk so i am on Ubuntu now and loving it. So if someone could gimme some help i would really appreciate it.The computers almost 4 years old and i would say the cards 2-3 years old. Not really certain how to post specs etc.

SoftwareExplorer
August 22nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
I'm not knowledgeable about WOW, but I know that intel graphics already have drivers installed by default in ubuntu. If you are using jaunty and the card is older, then it might not work as well as if you were using hardy. The reason for this is that the X server got updated to a new version in jaunty and not all the drivers are completely back to normal yet. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1130582 might be of help if that is the case.

SoftwareExplorer
August 22nd, 2009, 08:09 AM
By the way, Welcome to ubuntu forums. :)