PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lost panel task bar

kawlinkoko
August 21st, 2009, 09:19 AM
I am new user of ubuntu. now i have a little problem. I lost panal task bar on my desktop :confused: . How can i do? please help me.

super kim
August 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
if there is a panel you can right click on it and then click on new panel. if there are no panels then i'm not sure, try enetering this into a terminal

sudo debconf gnome-panel

hetx
August 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
You right click on your panel, choose "Add to panel". You get a new window, scroll down to "Window List" and select it. There you are!

super kim
August 21st, 2009, 09:32 AM
if there is a panel you can right click on it and then click on new panel. if there are no panels then i'm not sure, try enetering this into a terminal

sudo debconf gnome-panel
actually you'd better just read this (http://www.saifur-rahman.com/2008/12/restoring-default-ubuntu-panel/) that command might not work anymore.

ciprian.topala
August 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Which panel did u lose?
The top or the bottom one?
If it's the top one you can enable it by typing gconf-editor into a terminal and then go to desktop -> gnome -> session -> required_components.
Make sure that panel key has the value gnome-panel.

hetx
August 21st, 2009, 08:10 PM
Personally I had alot of trouble just getting rid of the damned panel! I think he still has atleast one panel, he's just missing the Window List.