PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Notification Area Icons

magnumstyle007
August 20th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Where are those stored?
I installed a new theme and want to replace the battery charge monitor icons, but I cannot find them.

Thanks in advance

magnumstyle007
August 20th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Anyone please? It drives me crazy, i looked into pixmaps, share and lib folders, didn`t find anything. Also, Volume and Brightness control adapted the new icons as soon as i got the new theme installed.
Please help

gamerchick02
August 20th, 2009, 03:09 PM
For the battery, go to System-Preferences-Power Management.

The window that opens will be the Power Management Options.

Click on the "General" tab, and where it says "Notification Area" pick the "Always display this icon" option.

That should show your battery in the notification area.

The icons should show up in the new icon theme you installed.

Amy

EDIT: Sometimes the theme doesn't have a specific icon for your app. In that case, it will go back to the default Gnome/Ubuntu one.

magnumstyle007
August 20th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Thank you, that does the trick.

However, that is the power monitor, while I was looking for the battery charge monitor. I just removed it now, so I m happy. But it is still a mystery to me where the icons (of the bcm) are stored.

Thank you for your fast help!

londonali1010
August 20th, 2009, 04:00 PM
A slightly different solution to a similar problem...If you install a new theme, if there are any programs (such as the battery or wifi) that it doesn't recognise, it will default to (IMHO) an icky Gnome one...If you want to change that, you can edit "index.theme" in /usr/share/icons/<whatever icon theme you're using>. In there, there's an "inherit" line, which can point to whatever other theme you want. For instance, I typically use gnome-wise icons, set to inherit Human, because I like the Human battery icon better than the Gnome default.

HTH.

r5r4y
August 20th, 2009, 05:24 PM
you can also do it manually if you have problems editing index.theme...

those icons stored in /usr/share/pixamps [not all but most i think]

gamerchick02
August 21st, 2009, 12:27 AM
I thought they were one in the same...

Either way, londonali1010 has some good advice there.

Amy