PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Testing tools and automation...

pedrilio
August 19th, 2009, 07:23 AM
as a QA guy, I am always looking for knew testing tools and my boss pushing me to automate(scripting) the whole testing process, I have no idea where to begin...](*,)
I would appreciate any useful advice from Ubuntu kingdom
Thx a bunch.

SuaSwe
August 19th, 2009, 11:08 AM
If we help, can we have a share of of your salary? :D

What exactly is it that you're wanting to do? I'm not convinced that anyone will be up for writing a complete programme script for you from scratch, so you might want to come up with a basic structure (or at least a detailed description of what your script needs to be able to do) then maybe repost the question in the Development & Programming forum. ;)

Cheesemill
August 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM
It might help if we knew what you wanted to test.

mapes12
August 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
as a QA guy, I am always looking for knew testing tools and my boss pushing me to automate(scripting) the whole testing process, I have no idea where to begin...](*,)
I would appreciate any useful advice from Ubuntu kingdom
Thx a bunch.Some light reading to get you going: http://www.freeos.com/guides/lsst/

pedrilio
August 20th, 2009, 02:58 AM
If we help, can we have a share of of your salary? :D

What exactly is it that you're wanting to do? I'm not convinced that anyone will be up for writing a complete programme script for you from scratch, so you might want to come up with a basic structure (or at least a detailed description of what your script needs to be able to do) then maybe repost the question in the Development & Programming forum. ;)
Well I have no doubt it would be easier just to hire a freelancer , but fiduciary problems and world crisis would not allow me that privilege, thanks though for offering your expertise...=D> ...I have to conquer that shell scripting thing anyway, and to be as knowledgeable as you are (probably):biggrin:

SuaSwe
August 20th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Sadly my expertise in the scripting area doesn't stretch much further than the odd system tweak and startup script, which is why I would suggest trying the pros over in the D&P forum. :D