PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] video editing help plz

id10twork
August 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I'm trying to edit a video for a friend using OpenShot; the video is upside down, the audio is too fast, and I'd like to change the file extension to .avi. I can't figure out how to do anything except play videos *feels dumb*. I'd really appreciate some help with using OpenShot, or if anyone knows any other software to use I'll definitely try it out. Thanks in advance!

RedRat
August 19th, 2009, 12:57 AM
I'm trying to edit a video for a friend using OpenShot; the video is upside down, the audio is too fast, and I'd like to change the file extension to .avi. I can't figure out how to do anything except play videos *feels dumb*. I'd really appreciate some help with using OpenShot, or if anyone knows any other software to use I'll definitely try it out. Thanks in advance!

Have you gone to the web site of OpenShot and installed the correct version for your CPU and Ubuntu version along with the dependencies. Need to do both.

id10twork
August 19th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Yes, I have. It sounds like you have some knowledge on the subject, care to share?

RedRat
August 19th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Yes, I have. It sounds like you have some knowledge on the subject, care to share?

Sorry but your message, I stumbled upon it, got me thinking about OpenShot and I went to the sight just before I wrote you. I have not yet installed OpenShot and its dependencies.

However, it sounds like a codec problem. Have you tried one of the other video editors, e.g., Lives, kdenlive, etc. There is a whole host in synaptic. If one of those is working, then I think you might have some kind of dependency issue. You might contact the people at OpenShot directly.

id10twork
August 23rd, 2009, 04:26 AM
I'll try one of the others, thanks