PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Epson Stylus NX510

chaos18
August 18th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Just bought a new Epson Stylus NX510 printer and trying to use it with ubuntu 9.04 however it doesn't seem to have a driver for ubuntu. I tried using the installation CD and opening the setup with wine to try and install the network driver, but it just came out with a bunch of errors. Any idea on how i can get my new printer working with ubuntu. Thanks.

ajgreeny
August 18th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Have you tried System > Administration > Printing and then use the Add new printer. You may find that there is a driver available, even if it is not exactly the same number shown as your printer model. Try the nearest you can see and it may work.

I am assuming you have actually tried to print something already, but it failed.

chaos18
August 19th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Thanks, i have tried System>Administration>Printing and then looking for the driver however it only had Epson Stylus NX400. I did not try to install the driver to see if it might work as i quickly assumed it couldn't ( stupid me >> ). Anyways I will try the nearest driver, NX400, as you said and see if it works. Thank you.