PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop version and CVS

sreddy64
August 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Does Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop version comes with CVS?. If not, how can I get compatible source/binary for CVS?.

Thanks for your time.

jrothwell97
August 18th, 2009, 07:54 PM
CVS can be installed with the following command at the terminal:

sudo apt-get install cvs

You'll be asked to enter your password, and then confirm the installation. However, as I can see from your thread on the Installation forum, you can't do this as the machine is not connected to the Internet. I'd suggest looking at Keryx (http://keryxproject.org/).

Good luck!

sreddy64
August 19th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks for your posting. I was able to use Keryx package and download the updates.
When run the command

sudo dpkg -i –force-depends *.deb

it is throwing lot of error messages like this and finally it exists. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Thanks

n of /usr/sbin/install-docs aborted due to compilation errors.
dpkg: error processing dnsutils_9.5.1.dfsg.P2-1ubuntu0.1_i386.deb (--install):
subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 9
* Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd [ OK ]
Preparing to replace ecryptfs-utils 73-0ubuntu6.1 (using ecryptfs-utils_73-0ubuntu6.1_i386.deb) ...
Can't locate Pod/Usage.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/sbin/install-docs line 18.
Global symbol "$opt_rootdir" requires explicit package name at /usr/sbin/install-docs line 136.
Execution of /usr/sbin/install-docs aborted due to compilation errors.
dpkg: error processing ecryptfs-utils_73-0ubuntu6.1_i386.deb (--install):
* Starting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd [ OK ]
Preparing to replace file 4.26-2ubuntu4 (using file_4.26-2ubuntu4_i386.deb) ...
Can't locate Pod/Usage.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/sbin/install-docs line 18.
Global symbol "$opt_rootdir" requires explicit package name at /usr/sbin/install-docs line 136.
Execution of /usr/sbin/install-docs aborted due to compilation errors.
dpkg: error processing file_4.26-2ubuntu4_i386.deb (--install):

sreddy64
August 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Thank you very much for pointing me to Keryx. I was able to update Ubuntu 9.04 using keryx , configure CVS and use it. Keryx is a nice utility if you are dealing with offline machines.