PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Audacious

xtrmzero
August 18th, 2009, 07:36 PM
i have some problems with audacious. it seemed to work fine until i tried to use winamp 2 skins on it. it worked very well first time i aplied the skins, but after a restart it didnt work anymore. it runs but it doesnt play any songs.
i realy love this player and i`d like to know how to fix this.

please help a noob :D

Artificial Intelligence
August 18th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Try this;

Open the terminal (Applications ---> Accessories ---> Terminal)

and type;

audacious
Please post the output of the terminal.

Jose Catre-Vandis
August 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Also, go into preferences > audio and try changing to alsa - away from pulse-audio

xtrmzero
August 20th, 2009, 05:14 PM
when i write audacious in a terminal it runs, the player apears on the desktop, functional in every way but it cannot play anything. it doesnt matter what song it doesnt work. i can do anything whith the preferences and everything else......just like before

anyway this is what it says in the terminal. maybe u`ll figure it out:

amidi-plug(amidi-plug.c:amidiplug_init:97): init, read configuration
amidi-plug(i_backend.c:i_backend_load:107): loading backend '/usr/lib/audacious/Input/amidi-plug/ap-alsa.so'
amidi-plug(i_backend.c:i_backend_load:145): backend /usr/lib/audacious/Input/amidi-plug/ap-alsa.so (name 'alsa') successfully loaded

mc4man
August 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM
try using a new config, either browse to manually or

mv ~/.config/audacious/config ~/.config/audacious/config.bak

Then open audaciuous and ck., if needed open preferences and reset any changes (audio ouput ect.

To revert back to current config if a reset wasn't of any use

mv ~/.config/audacious/config.bak ~/.config/audacious/config

xtrmzero
August 20th, 2009, 06:04 PM
doesnt work.
this is what it says:

xtrmzero@xtrmzero-desktop:~$ mv ~/.config/audacious/config ~/.config/audacious/config.bak
xtrmzero@xtrmzero-desktop:~$ audacious
amidi-plug(amidi-plug.c:amidiplug_init:97): init, read configuration
amidi-plug(i_backend.c:i_backend_load:107): loading backend '/usr/lib/audacious/Input/amidi-plug/ap-alsa.so'
amidi-plug(i_backend.c:i_backend_load:145): backend /usr/lib/audacious/Input/amidi-plug/ap-alsa.so (name 'alsa') successfully loaded
MADPlug-Message: failed to open audio output: XMMS reverse compatibility output plugin

(audacious:7880): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_thread_join: assertion `thread->joinable' failed
MADPlug-Message: failed to open audio output: XMMS reverse compatibility output plugin

(audacious:7880): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_thread_join: assertion `thread->joinable' failed

after playing around:

** (audacious:7880): WARNING **: alsa_setup(): Sample format not available for playback: Invalid argument

** (audacious:7880): WARNING **: alsa_setup(): Sample format not available for playback: Invalid argument

amidi-plug(i_backend.c:i_backend_unload:164): unloading backend 'alsa'
amidi-plug(i_backend.c:i_backend_unload:167): backend 'alsa' unloaded
LASTFM: (cleanup) Cleanup finished
xtrmzero@xtrmzero-desktop:~$ mv ~/.config/audacious/config.bak ~/.config/audacious/config
xtrmzero@xtrmzero-desktop:~$

and...that it :(

xtrmzero
August 20th, 2009, 06:09 PM
ok i tried this: alt+F2 then gksudo than audacious and it works
however, if i try to run it as user it doesnt work

any thoughts on why is that?

xtrmzero
August 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM
never mind my last plea :)

i got it working again

i took every setting form the preferences of the working audacious under root and compared to the not working one for the user.

AT LAAAAASTT SKINNZZZ. :D :guitar:

Thanks guys, thank u for everything.