PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] aircrack

killersla
August 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Hi i was hoping someone here has got experience using aircrack-ng in ubuntu i having trouble with command lines and wpa.

Regards

Killersla

jacklinux
August 18th, 2009, 04:26 PM
you will need cowputty to get full advantage of it.
Also if your using Aircrack for illegal activity E.G hacking, then you shouldn't be asking here.

Hospadar
August 18th, 2009, 04:33 PM
I would say step 1)
get familiar with the command line. aircrack is rarely easy to use, as it is designed by hackers for their own use. Often it requires kernel patching and recompiling, especially for some of the more advanced attacks (read: faster, more likely to work). Furthermore, not all wifi cards support all elements of aircrack.

I think you'll have a pretty hard time getting anything to work unless you are very lucky and happen to have a wifi card that is totally supported out of the box, without having some terminal and compiling skills.

Look to google, there is every software building guide and terminal tutorial you could imagine.

MelDJ
August 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
did you go to the aircrack site? - http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?DokuWiki=e1beab08d4a3a16fcf2bac93dea02544

killersla
August 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM
ok thanks for all the info. Although im not using it for any illegal activities i just enjoy messing round with wirless routers and cards.

Regards

Killersla