PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help... I Cant install anything.

Zlap
August 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Hey everyone, This is my first post and i would like it to start off, WTF. Ubuntu is so awesome, and i think it is only awesome because of 1 of 2 things. 1. Well The OS, is just 98% perfect, and when something comes between the 2% you guys fix it as a community, and really arn't much haters on here so cool, The ubuntu community to me is like a small village where everyone knows everyone else, and if something goes down it doesn't need saying for the whole town to pich in.

Anyways time to stop being so amazed at this OS's awesomeness.

I have a error that i think must be simple to fix and i really was a PRO at Windows so now im starting fresh as a newbie again *WAHHH* so ill post the image below and i would perfer if you guys sort of wrote a small tut or even a simple to do.

Here is the image link =) thanks guys.

[IMG]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1019/screenshotbsz.png

Zlap
August 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Sorry about size of image....

Nburnes
August 18th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Go to Applications > Accesories > Terminal

Then type

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Zlap
August 18th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I tryed that before i guess i mistyped it the first time, anyways as i thought i got another error lolz.

It says:
" You have 1 broken package on your system. Use the "broken" filter to locate it"

any ideas where that is located i searched but met with no success.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Nburnes
August 18th, 2009, 11:14 AM
What happens when you type

sudo apt-get check

zeroseven0183
August 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Looks like you're trying to install Sun Java 6 Runtime.

Have you tried installing it using the Terminal? Here's the command:

sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts

Reference: http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-install-java-runtime-environment-jre-in-ubuntu.html

And yes, the image is too big. You can always post it as thumbnail first here in the forums.

Zlap
August 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
found something on the internet known as a Google weird as hell but it magically told me what to do lolz. FIXED how do i mark this post as SOLVED?:lolflag::guitar:

arochester
August 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal

Then type

sudo apt-get -f install

Zlap
August 18th, 2009, 11:20 AM
ty ill put that in a txt. SAVED thanks for the info might come in handy next time i need to reinstall OS.