PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Eqonomize - Importing CSV Files

n_s_simpson
August 18th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Everyone, I am hugely impressed with Ubuntu so far. In fact I don't even bother with Windows at home.

I was playing around in the Add/Remove section and wow the stuff in there is amazing.

I decided to install Eqonomize (version 0.6) and thought the first thing I'd do would be to import my bank data. I downloaded the CSV files from RBS and saved them onto my desktop. (Checked the file by opening it in a OpenOffice and it is in the correct format).

I then ran Eqonomize and selected the Import CSV option. When I clicked on browse the CSV files would not show up. If I typed in the file name it would then load the next screen to configure how to extract the data but when trying to move on from there the program crashes.

Am I missing anything? Do I require updates?

PS

I tried the Update Manager and apart from telling me periodically that it can't contact certain servers it doesn't bring up any related updates. It does tell me that some updates are not authenticated but I think that's related to the Ubuntu-restricted-extras being installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

n_s_simpson
August 18th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed this problem?

n_s_simpson
August 18th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Is there another section within this forum that this question would be better suited too?

n_s_simpson
August 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I've now managed to fully update my system without any issues.

Eqonomize still will not import my CSV files.

Please help :confused:

n_s_simpson
August 18th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Well from the lack of response I'm assuming this is not the program for me.

I've uninstalled it.

Now I'm just installing Gnucash.

Has anyone got any experience of that?

n_s_simpson
August 18th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Well that's no good because it does import CSV files. It also looks very basic.

Any other finance programs suggestions would be appreciated.

steelelfc
October 14th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Same problem here...

n_s_simpson
October 15th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Hiya,

I now use KMyMoney. Really good program.