PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] While in a drunken stupor, I deleted the Shut Down/Log Off tab

skine
August 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
While in a drunken stupor, I deleted the Shut Down/Log Off tab that normally appears in Ubuntu.

All of the other discussions I've found don't include drunken stupidity, and while the "add to panel" option has something that works, it's not quite the same.

Thanks in advance,

-skine

lisati
August 18th, 2009, 07:57 AM
While in a drunken stupor, I deleted the Shut Down/Log Off tab that normally appears in Ubuntu.

All of the other discussions I've found don't include drunken stupidity, and while the "add to panel" option has something that works, it's not quite the same.

Thanks in advance,

-skine

D'oh! Fast user switcher?

Nburnes
August 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM
In Terminal

gconftool-2 --shutdown

rm -rf ~/.gconf/apps/panel

pkill gnome-panel

Copy and paste that and your panel will be default again

Gavinthechop
August 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM
:P:P:P I don't know what you're talking about, but that's seriously funny!

MelDJ
August 18th, 2009, 08:07 AM
right click the panel. press add to panel and then add Quit

mcduck
August 18th, 2009, 08:58 AM

Thanks in advance,

-skine

The default applet used for this purpose is called "User Switcher". Just add that back to your panel and you'll be fine (except for the hangover.. :D)