PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Newbie bluetooth question: how to connect to phone?

lduperval
August 18th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Hi,

I'm on Jaunty and trying to connect to my PEBL phone to extrat the pictures from it. I'm pretty sure I managed to do that once upon a time, but I can't seem to do it now.

FYI: I added the device using the Bluetooth Wizard. I got the PI code and the connection was established. Except that I am unable to reach the file system and access it. I seem to remember it was something in Nautilus but I can't remember.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

L

sergiom99
August 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
try to install moto4lin.
They also have a wiki for each model in their homepage.
I think its quite abandoned though.

felichas
August 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
lduperval, try this:

Right click on the bluetooth icon --> Brose files on device... --> Select device --> click on your phone --> connect --> browse your phone folders.

If your phone doesn't show up in the list, then:
Right click on the bluetooth icon --> Setup new device... --> next, next, next. Then go back to the begining.

Regards,

anomis66
August 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
All though I'm relatively new to this Linux thing, I can say that Motorola's have always been unpredictable with bluetooth connections. My wife and daughters have had a few Motorola's over the years and I don't think any have had a stable connection to a PC. All I can say is thank you for MicroSD memory cards.

The above instructions are correct and work for Nokia, Samsung and Sony phones. I don't have any Motorolas any more so can't test them. :smile: