PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Netgear/Dell/Comcast Internet connection problems

Trevski13
August 16th, 2009, 10:44 PM
My Neighbor has a Windows (XP Home) computer and I've been helping them with their internet. Unfotrunetly, it seems as though their internet is quite picky with what it lets on to the internet. The computer is a Dell, off hand I'm not sure of the brand of the modem (Comcast is the ISP though), the wireless router is Netgear, I'm running a laptop with Ubuntu (8.10) and when it is directly connected to the modem the internet works fine. However, when connected to either the Dell desktop or the wireless AP/gateway the internet is nowhere to be found:-?. Windows reports there being a limited or no connection (it can't obtain an IP adress) and I can't seem to find any problem with the router (I can connect to it but the gateway's a no-go... I know this really isn't enough information but I'll provide what ever I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's a little to weird to be simply a hardware problem so I'm really at a loss.