PDA

View Full Version : Fly Fishing!...anybody like Fly Fishing?

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Got my fishing license and two new Fly Rods and reels....leaving tomorrow for the week long camping and Fly Fishing trip!

So excited I can't sleep!

MikeTheC
August 15th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Oh, that's what you're supposed to do? I've always used a fly-swatter.

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Oh, that's what you're supposed to do? I've always used a fly-swatter.
LOL :P I keep lots of live spiders around, best fly catchers on earth.

gn2
August 15th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Have tried a few forms of fishing but never had a go at fluff chucking.

MikeTheC
August 15th, 2009, 08:36 AM
The last time I did any fishing at all was probably circa 1991.

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Have tried a few forms of fishing but never had a go at fluff chucking.

Lol! fluff chucking? :P

I guess a fly is fluffy and you are chucking it! that is pretty funny I have never heard that one :lol:

gn2
August 15th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Do you cook your catch?
Or is it full of mercury......

MikeTheC
August 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Do you cook your catch?

http://www.naturalnews.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/mad_hatter.gif

"There is nothing which so compares to the
taste of Mercury in the morning!"

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Do you cook your catch?

Catch and release only, have to keep the genetic pool healthy.

Primarily for Fisheries Science research only, catch and take precise measurements, record all data and release back into the wild, sounds crazy but it does help to get a nice sample snapshot of the Steelhead population. There are many other ways to do this also but for me fishing means doing more research then anything. I also like to take samples from the bottom of the stream bed to see how many healthy bugs are in the stream also.

lisati
August 15th, 2009, 08:55 AM
It's been a while since I've been fishing, but I didn't bother with the fly-fishing style on the basis that the zipper might rust.

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 08:57 AM
It's been a while since I've been fishing, but I didn't bother with the fly-fishing style on the basis that the zipper might rust.Rusty zippers are just good eaten! :P

gn2
August 15th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Catch and release only, have to keep the genetic pool healthy.

Primarily for Fisheries Science research only, catch and take precise measurements, record all data and release back into the wild, sounds crazy but it does help to get a nice sample snapshot of the Steelhead population. There are many other ways to do this also but for me fishing means doing more research then anything. I also like to take samples from the bottom of the stream bed to see how many healthy bugs are in the stream also.

Round our way freshwater fish population censuses are normally conducted by electro fishing which when done properly is much less harmful to the fish.

My personal view is that rod and line catch and release is unethical if the intention is solely to release the fish once caught.

MikeTheC
August 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Rusty zippers are just good eaten! :P

My zipper got stuck once.

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Round our way freshwater fish population censuses are normally conducted by electro fishing which when done properly is much less harmful to the fish.

My personal view is that rod and line catch and release is unethical if the intention is solely to release the fish once caught.Yeah perhaps I should throw my rod in the dumpster?

gn2
August 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah perhaps I should throw my rod in the dumpster?

Nope, just bash a few on the head and eat them, it's what they're for.

HappinessNow
August 15th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Nope, just bash a few on the head and eat them, it's what they're for.Ahh okay, it will be fish and mercury for dinner! :P