PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Panasonic Toughbook CF-30 Install Guide for Ubuntu desktop

psyber.netik
August 15th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Hey guys... I'm new to Ubuntu, but not Linux. I normally run OpenSuse. (http://forums.opensuse.org/members/psybernetik.html) I finally got a Toughbook to play around on and I figured I'd drop a post on an install guide; more for the community than me asking for help. If I run into any problems I'll be linking them in this thread. So, help me out if you see me in another thread. This thread is to install Ubuntu Desktop 9.04 on a Panasonic Toughbook CF-30. I'll be doing another one for a netbook install.

If anybody runs into issues, make another thread and PM me the URL. Don't want to get sidetracked!!!

Weevil
April 26th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I might get a CF-30, did you get Ubuntu (or another linux distro) running fine?

blockhart329
July 4th, 2010, 02:22 AM
I'm trying to load Linux on a Toughbook CF-37 P3-500MHz with 256 MB Ram and a 8GB HDD.

Ubuntu 10.04 loads fine, but on first reboot it freezes up with a white screen.

Xubuntu freezes up with a white screen half way through the install. This machine will run XP, why won't it run Ubuntu?

elliotbeken
August 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
hi all i have a toughbook cf-18 running ubuntu 11.04 32-bit fine including the touchscreen !

its a shame some of the buttons the the toughtbook dont work like the button to launch the on screen keyboard and the lock button but i can live without that...

i would like to see more support in ubuntu in the future for touchscreens maybe even a tablet edition ......