PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Openbravo ERP Install from Partner Repository Problems

adam_walker
August 14th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I have previously used OpenBravo ERP on a Gentoo system but having seen the much publicised tie up between Ubuntu 9.04 server and OpenBravo - promising a one command install I decided to test out how simple it was.

Downloaded and installed Ubuntu 9.04 server, chose a LAMP setup with mailserver on an amd64 system with 2gb ram - absolutely no problems.

Then installed Openbravo 2.50MP3 using 'apt-get install openbravo-erp'. Most attempts fail in the compile stages citing Java runtime environment errors. The one time that it did seem to work the software was littered with tomcat servlet unavailable errors.

In all I have reinstalled ubuntu several times and attempted the openbravo install a dozen or so times with no success.

My question is....has anyone actually setup openbravo successfully this way? Does anyone know how to contact openbravo as I can't even register for their forum (keeps denying me access even though I have registered and had the email).

If anyone has setup openbravo this way how did they do it? Have I some stray settings?

I'm not a complete novice but if openbravo and ubuntu are going to release press statements about how straightforward the new setup is - http://www.openbravo.com/about-us/press-room/news/133/openbravo-broadens-support-for-ubuntu-with-commercial-open-source-erp-package.php shouldn't it actually work?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.