PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] IBM Thinkpad A31 help...

AfroBman
August 14th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Ok this is my 1st laptop and it was only 50 bucks, i thinks its like 5-6 years old though lol but it wont allow me to download anything i always get errors. Im able to get online through firefox and its relatively fast, i somehow downloaded flash when nothing else work so i can wacth vids on the web. Is there anyway i can download windows cuz ive seen videos and post which users say they are but i cant seem to find instructions on how to do it.

btw this is a great community almost every post has had quick answers hopefully mine can to, thanks.:popcorn:

bodhi.zazen
August 14th, 2009, 02:02 AM
You have to purchase windows. Downloading windows would be pirating which is not supported here. As such I am closing this thread now.

If you would like assistance with Ubuntu we would be happy to assist you. Please start a new thread and include additional information (network card ? wireless ? hardware ? a better description of the problem ?)

Honestly, I am surprised you are having problems, unless it is wireless, which can be a hassle on any OS. wired network cards generally work out of the box.