PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I lost my items from my Panel.

GHNeko
August 13th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Recently, my Panel was like this.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7601/screenshotqej.png

As you can see, there are some things missing from the higher right corner such as the log on drop down.

And I also have that mail icon missing that was working side by side with Pidgin.

Can someone please tell me how to restore things from specific programs and the log on back to the panel?

credobyte
August 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Right click on your panel and select Add to panel - choose User switcher ( smthl like that ) and click Add. Move it to the right ( where it should be ) and finally, lock it.

sblunix
August 13th, 2009, 09:39 PM
To fix the Pidgin Mail Icon, open Pidgin, and check Settings or Options, there should be an option to choose if the icon is displayed or not.

GHNeko
August 13th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Ah. Thank you!

Do you know how I would be able to re-add the "email" icon as well, that worked with pidgin? If you know what Im talking about.

GHNeko
August 14th, 2009, 07:03 AM
To fix the Pidgin Mail Icon, open Pidgin, and check Settings or Options, there should be an option to choose if the icon is displayed or not.

I couldnt find what you were talking about in Preference and there is nothing called Settings/Options in pidgin.

colau
August 17th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Ah. Thank you!

Do you know how I would be able to re-add the "email" icon as well, that worked with pidgin? If you know what Im talking about.
What do you mean by email icon?

abdusamed
August 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
okay.. after i rebooted my ubuntu, my items on panel got shifted. Like the screenlet and connection icon are on the far right. Unlike usually, they were on the right on time and sound icon. I can't move them, it as if they are locked. Need help!!!:(