PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] NOOB - all I get is "Press a key to reboot"

rbrittner
August 13th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Hello, Just decided to make the move from xp to the newest 9.04 build. anyways, I dont know jack about linux. Did run a older version a while back (Gutsy Gibbon) but had lots of issues with my video card, anyways, now i'm wanting to try again. I installed a new copy on a 60GB ATA drive, I have a secondary 250 Gb Sata drive as well. I formated the 60GB drive and when I boot all I get is the message "Press a Key to Reboot" that is it. I loaded parted magic, tried to rebuild the grub but it froze. So I decided to format the drive and deleted all partitions. formated with ext and reinstalled, still same message, it posts fine and then nothing. anyways, any suggestions, I totally removed the sata drive now and still no luck......

Thanks
Ryan

LewRockwell
August 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM
First, you might advise us of your hardware, software, and operating systems

Then, you might comment on how the LiveCD performed

After that, if everything works fine during your testing of the LiveCD then you can use Gparted partition editor while still running the LiveCD to partition and/or check your partitions

(feel free to provide screenshots if you have any questions where that might help)

Then you can perform the installation itself, after which, you should have a complete running system!