PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] updater problems

markymark1
August 13th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Hi,

I've been using Ubuntu for the last few weeks, and it's going very well. It has revitalised my laptop, and prevented it from becoming landfill. And this forum is great!

However, I've noticed that the updater does not appear to be working properly. Although a number of items do appear to get downloaded, I also get an error message saying that it 'could not download all repository indexes'. This is followed by the following:

"failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Release i386 (20090420.1)/dists/jaunty/main/binary-i386/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognised" ..... and
"failed to fetch cdrom://Ubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Release i386 (20090420.1)/dists/jaunty/restricted/binary-i386/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognised" .....

This seems odd as I downloaded Ubuntu from the internet rather than using a CD. The updater also has a message that it has not been updated for 23 days.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this?

Mark

Revolutionary101
August 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I am glad you like your first few days of Ubuntu.

To start you need to go to System>Administration>Software Sources. Then when you have done that uncheck "Cdrom with 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope".

Hope it helps.

markymark1
August 13th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Brilliant! That seems to have done it.

Many thanks.

Revolutionary101
August 13th, 2009, 08:58 PM
No problem. Glad I could help.