PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu will not start

mcoletta
August 13th, 2009, 01:58 AM
I have installed the latest version of Ubuntu as a duel boot on my 64bit Vista desktop. installed into a seporate drive w/120GB free space. first couple of launches were fine. then I updated some of the applications and installed others that were on the apps list and now when launched, all I get is a black screen. I went through the recovery steps and tried everything but the command line. I had no idea what to type as this was my first day with linux.

Really need some assistance.
Thanks in advance:sad:

System Config. - Dual Boot
Dual AMD 64 x2 4600 processors 2.40gh
1 tb SATA
120 GB SATA for Linux
1 TB External Backup Drive
64 bit Vista Home premium
8GB RAM
Nivdia 9600 Graphic Card 512 cache

Mike_IronFist
August 13th, 2009, 02:26 AM
I have installed the latest version of Ubuntu as a duel boot on my 64bit Vista desktop. installed into a seporate drive w/120GB free space. first couple of launches were fine. then I updated some of the applications and installed others that were on the apps list and now when launched, all I get is a black screen. I went through the recovery steps and tried everything but the command line. I had no idea what to type as this was my first day with linux.

Really need some assistance.
Thanks in advance:sad:

System Config. - Dual Boot
Dual AMD 64 x2 4600 processors 2.40gh
1 tb SATA
120 GB SATA for Linux
1 TB External Backup Drive
64 bit Vista Home premium
8GB RAM
Nivdia 9600 Graphic Card 512 cache

If it's not too much trouble, can you please detail what programs you installed?

Also, What version of Ubuntu are you using? 64-bit or 32-bit?

mcoletta
August 13th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I downloaded the 9.04 version and I wish I could tell you what the software was, most were updates to what comes with the installation package and there were 72 packages that got updated

Mike_IronFist
August 13th, 2009, 02:46 AM
I downloaded the 9.04 version and I wish I could tell you what the software was, most were updates to what comes with the installation package and there were 72 packages that got updated

Yes, it's 9.04, but is it the 32 bit version, or the 64 bit version?

mcoletta
August 13th, 2009, 03:12 AM
64 bit