PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu One -- Can't Login

brandoncolorado
August 12th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I have Ubuntu One and I have logged in successfully multiple times. Now, I am able to login, but when I click submit to send my openid info (it has my correct name and email), the page just refreshes.

I have tries restarting, clearing cache, deleting cookies, and nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

beastrace91
August 12th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I am currently having the same issue - On Jaunty 64bit

~Jeff

andrea000
August 13th, 2009, 04:31 AM
I had the same problem with there web site but they
must have re did it because there is a new interface
and i can now log in to it.

Ryan Yo
October 7th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Did this ever get resolved? I'm trying to login to Ubuntu One for the first time with my correct login info, but I just get redirected back to the login screen.

koma77
October 7th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I have the same problem: I keep getting redirected to the login screen.

jperez
October 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Same here, but I have never logged into it. I have a Launchpad account, but every time I said "Sign In" after showing the correct info, it won't let me. Perhaps they are working on it?

Jesse~

KristinaK
October 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
same problem :(

Toolskyn
October 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I guess it's some problem with the website, because I've got the same problem here.

HarmonicaGoldfish
October 11th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Same thing was happening to me. I went directly to the site at http://one.ubuntu.com and found I was already logged in.

This might be a glitch with the url the software directs us to being the old url? Just a guess...

My software still does not connect though. Think I will do a reinstall and see if it works. Right now I use dropbox (https://www.getdropbox.com) for the same thing but I like the idea of sticking with ubuntu :)

HarmonicaGoldfish
October 11th, 2009, 01:04 PM
ok. So once I realized I was logged in, I reinstalled the software. Then I clicked on 'connect', or it may have been 'go to web', and was brought to the one.ubuntu.com website where it asked if I wanted to register my computer. I did. It works just like dropbox. I drag files I want to share into my ubuntuone folder and it automatically uploads them to the server.

Nice!

joshuahoover
October 15th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Did this ever get resolved? I'm trying to login to Ubuntu One for the first time with my correct login info, but I just get redirected back to the login screen.

My apologies to all for the trouble with logging in. We're currently looking into this issue. It sounds like some here already had a subscription plan while others are new users trying to set things up for the first time. I've (personally) been able to reproduce the endless sign-in loop when I do not have a subscription plan (free or paid), but do not see this behavior now when I already have a subscription plan.

If you are having problems logging in and have a subscription plan, please report a bug by right-clicking on the Ubuntu One client applet and select "Report a Problem". Note that you have a subscription plan and the steps you're taking that gets you stuck in this sign-in loop.

For those without a subscription to Ubuntu One, the bug we're using to work/track this is: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/449842

Thank you,

Joshua

jperez
October 16th, 2009, 08:11 AM
I apparently don't have permission to access the bugs page on Launchpad...

I think I'll just not try UbuntuOne and instead go with something else like Dropbox as was mentioned earlier. Thanks anyway...

Jesse~

Ryan Yo
October 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
My apologies to all for the trouble with logging in. We're currently looking into this issue. It sounds like some here already had a subscription plan while others are new users trying to set things up for the first time. I've (personally) been able to reproduce the endless sign-in loop when I do not have a subscription plan (free or paid), but do not see this behavior now when I already have a subscription plan.

If you are having problems logging in and have a subscription plan, please report a bug by right-clicking on the Ubuntu One client applet and select "Report a Problem". Note that you have a subscription plan and the steps you're taking that gets you stuck in this sign-in loop.

For those without a subscription to Ubuntu One, the bug we're using to work/track this is: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntuone-client/+bug/449842

Thank you,

Joshua
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear it's being tracked and I'm really looking forward to it getting cleared up. It's very annoying.

Ryan Yo
October 23rd, 2009, 10:13 PM
I just tried Ubuntu One again and everything seems to be in working order now. Sweet!

Wild_Duck66
April 11th, 2010, 12:29 AM
In Rhythmbox "an error has occurred with your request" If I "click here" for support I get system requirements which are Windows and Windows Media player (no Linux) and the "click here for support" at the bottom does not work.

joshuahoover
April 12th, 2010, 10:55 PM
In Rhythmbox "an error has occurred with your request" If I "click here" for support I get system requirements which are Windows and Windows Media player (no Linux) and the "click here for support" at the bottom does not work.

It sounds like you're trying out the new Ubuntu One Music Store. If so, can you file a bug report here, following these instructions:

File a new bug at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store/+filebug
Be sure to include the steps you took to get the error and the behavior you expected
Let us know what version of the Ubuntu One Music Store you're using by running the following command in a terminal session (Applications->Accessories->Terminal) and pasting the output to the bug description: apt-cache policy rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store

Thank you,

Joshua

Wild_Duck66
April 18th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Hi, I`ve done a clean install of Kubuntu 10.4 Beta 2 (even /home) and now it just will not connect to "Ubuntu one music store" when I proceed to "Checkout".
I`ve sent the results of "apt-cache policy" and "u1sdtool -s" to Launchpad.
Thanks for your help.

joshuahoover
April 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hi, I`ve done a clean install of Kubuntu 10.4 Beta 2 (even /home) and now it just will not connect to "Ubuntu one music store" when I proceed to "Checkout".
I`ve sent the results of "apt-cache policy" and "u1sdtool -s" to Launchpad.
Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the bug report! I replied to it here: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/rhythmbox-ubuntuone-music-store/+bug/566296 It looks like you need to try to connect to Ubuntu One.

Thank you,

Joshua