PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help with wifi from airport express

steve19137
August 12th, 2009, 04:55 AM
hi. obviously, i new here. this is my first post. i got into linux by wanting to do an OS X dual boot with my vista. now i have gotten to the point where i have only linux installed. and i chose ubuntu because it is popular. and its very cool.

so i have an airport express. i use it w/ my ds, mac, win xp, ipod touch, and iphone. so naturally, because of all these devices, i have a wep network. and i want to connect my linux to it. so i need help in that area. as far as i know, my wireless card is an internal broadcam. or what ever its called.

in the network applet, i chose my network to be a WPA security, and i got it to recognize the network, and connect, but not actually use. i tried updating firefox, and it said no network. so how can i get it so that i can use my wifi w/ linux ?

steve19137
August 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM
can anyone help me? yesterday, i had reinstalled ubuntu cuz it was broken, and i had the wifi working, and i remember i had partitioned the hard drive a certain way, then i had to reinstall again, and now it doesnt work. any thoughts?

steve19137
August 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM
got it to work. just activated the driver by going to System --> Administration --> Hardware Drivers. i actived two of them and they are all happy now. i get the wifi to come on naturally. cool.