PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] DVD Burning

kakashi_12
August 12th, 2009, 04:24 AM
I'm using the built-in DVD burner that comes with the OS. I am burning a DVD and to a DVD+R DL. When I add my files, click burn, and then select my options, the Burn button is grayed out, it won't let me select it!!!

So either 1, I need to fix this problem, or 2. I need a different piece of software (freeware) recommended to me.

Thanks.

x33a
August 12th, 2009, 04:38 AM
give k3b a try.

to install, open a terminal

sudo aptitude install k3b

kakashi_12
August 12th, 2009, 05:35 AM
hmmm, this program won't see that i put a dvd in either. it says no media (or medium) present. one or the other.

must be a prob with the way my os isn't seeing the drive. or not seeing it as a burn drive or something. do i have to mount the drive???? it shows in "computer" xwindow.

DarkSaga70
August 12th, 2009, 05:45 AM
give k3b a try.

to install, open a terminal

sudo aptitude install k3b

k3b is the best burn program on Linux.

DarkSaga70
August 12th, 2009, 05:49 AM
hmmm, this program won't see that i put a dvd in either. it says no media (or medium) present. one or the other.

must be a prob with the way my os isn't seeing the drive. or not seeing it as a burn drive or something. do i have to mount the drive???? it shows in "computer" xwindow.

I had that same issue and had to switch from +R dvds to -R it was my burner. It just didn't like the +R. I would try the opposite of what your using and see if that fixes it.