PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where is enable wireless roaming in 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope?

KinaU
August 12th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Used to have LAN wired connection, but it is disconnected today. I'm trying to get wireless from neighbors. Two computers in my house can do it (with Windows Vista) but I've never connected to wireless with Ubuntu.

Where is enabling wireless roaming in 9.04 Jaunty? How do I catch that wireless internet from my neighbors? Please help.

:(

Gregz
August 12th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Does your neighbors know this or we just jumping off them??

Jaunty Jackalope
August 12th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Used to have LAN wired connection, but it is disconnected today. I'm trying to get wireless from neighbors. Two computers in my house can do it (with Windows Vista) but I've never connected to wireless with Ubuntu.

Where is enabling wireless roaming in 9.04 Jaunty? How do I catch that wireless internet from my neighbors? Please help.

:(
Have you tried clicking the Network Manager applet (the signal bars at the top right corner)? If you click that it should display nearby wireless connections.

theonhighgod
August 12th, 2009, 01:06 AM
wirless connections are made by left clicking on the internet connection icon which looks like a white cable near a hole with a little then you select the network you require. if that fails see the page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessTroubleShootingGuide

that how too is a lot better then any thing i could map out here

GregMcn
August 12th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Piggy Backing??

KinaU
August 12th, 2009, 01:57 AM
I didn't have Notifications in my panel. Perfect. Thanks. :D

HaightsW
February 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM