PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot access Ubuntu hard drive in Mac Pro

sp0tt
August 9th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I used to have a powerbook(ppc) and a separate pc with one hard drive with xp and one hard drive with ubuntu 9.04. I have recently upgraded to a used Mac Pro (dual 2.66 dual core). I was able to pull out the windows hard drive from my pc and get it to be fully bootable in my Mac Pro and get it to run under VMware Fusion.
Now my problem is trying to do the same with my hard drive with Ubuntu on it. I pulled it out and put it into my Mac Pro. The Mac os will not recognize it (it's formatted as ext3). Startup Manger does not see it, tried rEFIt, doesn't see it either.
So I have my ubuntu drive in my mac, but I cannot find a way to access it. I could always just reinstall ubuntu, but it would be nice if I didn't have to set it up again. Any ideas?:confused:

Jenkins1
August 9th, 2009, 08:40 PM
going by this http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=863012 it appears that it is not very easy for a mac to read ext3 format. It would be easiest to copy any important info to a flash drive etc and then do a clean install. You could copy ubuntu onto an ntfs partition and then on to the mac. Although i would not be 100% if it would work doing the second method.