PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu One mount point

anechoic
August 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I've been using UbuntuOne for around a month now and find the mount point for the volume, i.e. in my /home directory, rather annoying.

Anything you drag to it is moved not copied since Ubuntu One disk doesn't appear to be an external volume mounted at root.

Is there a way to change where UbuntuOne mounts? I tried mount to get a list of all mounted volumes but the UbuntuOne disk didn't show up -- unless it has a different name...?

thanks in advance!
:)

Clorow
August 8th, 2009, 05:21 AM
I don't think so. You could propose it on http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/.

Znupi
August 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I don't think Ubuntu One is actually mounted. I think it's just a normal folder on your hard drive that the Ubuntu One client monitors. That's why you can't find it when running mount. Maybe there's a config file somewhere?

joshuahoover
August 17th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I've been using UbuntuOne for around a month now and find the mount point for the volume, i.e. in my /home directory, rather annoying.

Anything you drag to it is moved not copied since Ubuntu One disk doesn't appear to be an external volume mounted at root.

Is there a way to change where UbuntuOne mounts? I tried mount to get a list of all mounted volumes but the UbuntuOne disk didn't show up -- unless it has a different name...?

thanks in advance!
:)

The Ubuntu One directory is really just a directory, not a mount. Saving files in the ~/Ubuntu One/My Files/ directory are on your pc and then uploaded to the cloud.

anechoic
August 18th, 2009, 05:26 AM
ah ha...I,m also using JungleDisk which shows up as both a folder and a volume - which is sorta odd
so I thought maybe UbuntuOne was similar

what is the key combo for drag copying a file or directory instead of moving it?

Znupi
August 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM
ah ha...I,m also using JungleDisk which shows up as both a folder and a volume - which is sorta odd
so I thought maybe UbuntuOne was similar

what is the key combo for drag copying a file or directory instead of moving it?
Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V? Left click, move, release? If you are unsure, you the middle mouse button and a menu will appear when you're finished dragging.

anechoic
August 19th, 2009, 03:49 AM
FYI: holding down the Ctrl key while dragging a file will copy it locally instead of moving it