PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cannot move windows to far right

leventaksu
August 7th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Hello there,
I have interesting things going on my desktop. I think all are related.

I have dual monitors with Xinerama. Left monitor is a CRT with 1280x1024, right is an LCD with 1920x1080.

Please see the attachment.

My problems:

Print screen can capture only as wide as my right monitor's width(1920). Therefore the attachment shows only a part of what I can see.

I cannot move my windows beyond a certain x coordinate on my right monitor. When dragging a window, its left border cannot go beyond 1830 in the x direction. (This is sort of an approximate value as I measured it in the gimp) If the width of the window is really narrow, it can go some further. In the attachment, you can see that top and 4th. windows are at their rightest possible position. However 2nd window is resized down to a window size which is narrower than the area to the right of the red line. 3rd. window is narrowest a terminal can get and rightest that can be moved.

In 3D games like Urban Terror, Glest. If I run them in full screen the mouse gets trapped at the rightest edge of the screen. It can move up or down but not horizontally.
Any suggestions?

Details about my system:

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-UD2H motherboard which has HD 3200 integrated graphics adapter.
Jaunty 9.04.
64 bits.
Latest fglrx 8.632 from ATI web site: Catalyst 9.7

markbuntu
August 8th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Do you have xinerama enabled in the catalyst control center or are you using the big dektop settings or what?