PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] not define the root file system,please go back to partition menu to solve the problem

MacHsu
August 4th, 2009, 05:14 AM
not define the root file system,please go back to partition menu to solve the problem

when i use wubi.exe to install Ubantu after i reboot the computer and choose Ubantu to start my computer,the Ubantu began to finishing the installation and after a while there poped up a new window with the warning
"not define the root file system,please go back to partition menu to solve the problem"

Anybody know how to solve the problem?I'm anxiously waiting for ur solution!!!

TeoBigusGeekus
August 4th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Never done a wubi installation, but when you install Ubuntu you are supposed to give a root partition, i.e. the point from where all the linux filesystem tree will start. The root partition is designated with /.

MacHsu
August 5th, 2009, 02:46 AM
http://image.rayli.com.cn/0020/2007-04-02/images/200742104319764.jpgnot solving my problem,dude!

THGIC
March 2nd, 2011, 06:19 AM
When I did this whole partitioning part for installing Ubuntu, I set up my main (primary) partition for all of my data, then I gave a little bit of space as what is called a "swap area". This "swap area" is recommended, because when physical hard drive space becomes very limited, it acts as a backup drive in a way. Finally, I left about 5-10GB of space for my OS. For my primary partition, I used the ext4 filesystem with "/home" as my mounting point. Then for my "swap area" partition, I could not choose a filesystem or mounting point. My OS partition, I used the same ext4 filesystem, only this time, I used "/" as my mounting point. Using just "/" (the quotations are never part of what you are supposed to type, just fyi) means that you now have "defined" or created a "root" filesystem. From there, you should be able to follow the rest of the installation.

Enjoy!