PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] SD Card Isues

charliedelong
August 4th, 2009, 04:42 AM
I have an odd situation. I have an SD card and SD card reader, and when I plug them into my USB port it is recognised right away, mounted and is available in the Media folder, or through an icon on my desktop. I have a bunch of files on the card that all read normally.

The issue is when I try to add files to the card, I get the message that they are being copied, and when it is done they show in the folder. Then if I either unmount the drive, OR simply press the eject button from inside nautilus, OR just unplug the druve the files are no longer there - either on the Ubuntu machine, or from any other PC in my house (another Ubuntu, the wife's XP or the Wii). The folder is there, but the files are not there.

The files are a .bin, .cue, and .dol files (Wii homebrew stuff).

I don't understand what's causing this. If it is something corrupted on the card I thought of formatting, but I have it set up just right and didn't want to lose that if I didn't have to.

Any suggestions?

Hobgoblin
August 4th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Are you waiting for it to actually unmount before removing it?

Try shutting down the system before removing the card (to be sure it's properly unmounted).

charliedelong
August 4th, 2009, 05:32 AM
I have actually seen the message that says that it is safe to be removed. I did format the card (which froze up gparted every time) on the wife's xp computer and am in the process of reloading all of the files I saved to the desktop before I did the format.

I will try the shut down thing too, just to be on the safe side...

Thank You!