PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Load Nautilus launcher into System Tools menu

mikodo
August 4th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm stuck! I believe I was once able to launch Nautilus File Manager through Applications > System Tools > Nautilus. Now Nautilus is not listed in the menu of System Tools. I've tried to add it through Places > Bookmarks > Edit Menus, to no avail.

Is there a way to insert the Nautilus File Manager launcher back into the System Tools menu? I use Hardy.

Thank you.

spiderbatdad
August 4th, 2009, 02:41 AM
check out System>>Preferences>>Main Menu. There you can select system tools and check the box to add file browser to the system tools menu.

mikodo
August 4th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Thanks for the reply. This is what I have trying to do, but can't seem to get by this point.

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=123519&stc=1&d=1249350960

wojox
August 4th, 2009, 03:00 AM
It looks like it's in there twice???

mikodo
August 4th, 2009, 03:07 AM
It looks like it's in there twice???

Yes, but when I close the window I don't see it in system tools.

wojox
August 4th, 2009, 03:13 AM
That's kinda weird. Is that the Nautilus folder on the top panel? That is gnome not kde right?

mikodo
August 4th, 2009, 03:18 AM
That's kinda weird. Is that the Nautilus folder on the top panel? That is gnome not kde right?

Yes, Nautilus is in the the first panel in the the first screen shot and I am using Gnome.

wojox
August 4th, 2009, 03:23 AM
What if you tried to drag and drop it in? It might be kind of hard with the mouse already clicked. Or maybe remove dolphin maybe it doesn't want two file managers in there?

mikodo
August 4th, 2009, 03:37 AM
What if you tried to drag and drop it in? It might be kind of hard with the mouse already clicked. Or maybe remove dolphin maybe it doesn't want two file managers in there?

Still no go, I removed dolphin and can't seem to drag and drop Nautilus in either.

jimrz
August 4th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Applications > Accessories > File Browser ... think you need to use alacarte to add this though

mikodo
August 4th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Applications > Accessories > File Browser ... think you need to use alacarte to add this though

Thank you; As the screenshot attachment shows I now have a file browser in Applications > Accessories. Can this be Nautilus only; not Dolphin?