PDA

View Full Version : Should I do this?

karimruan
August 4th, 2009, 12:16 AM
I was thinking instead of going for an associates of information technology support, I would do my schools certificate program called "Information Systems Security". What could I do with this cert? It covers Unix too, so i could work on *nix as well (yeah baby!) What kind of job could I get with this cert?

Thanks ahead for the help!

karimruan
August 5th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I guess nobody has any advice for a fellow member of the ubuntu user community. I guess were not as close knit as I thought.

wojox
August 5th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Just saw your post. I'd go for it. I've got a buddy who works high level Comp. Security in Tampa, Fl. Makes good money. Works for the Army as a civilian.

aesis05401
August 5th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Hey,

I'm not sure about the details of the cert, but you need to research the course material before getting on board. There are horror stories about the state of info-tech course material.

Best of luck.

Whiteblooded
August 8th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I'd go for it. Whatever you do.. a qualification is better than none. And it's better to get a qualification of the subject you're interested in I guess.

Good luck with it... and I hope there's not too many boring forms involved when signing up xD

karimruan
August 10th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I decided to keep working on my associates and then by BS (not bullsh?t) degree and get my certs in the process. I will work on A+ and then maybe security +. Then maybe a cert from canonical. THAT would be great!