PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] usb wifi blinks nonstop

akimatsu123
August 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM
hi,

i recently bought a usb wifi device. it works very well in windows. when i am in windwos and i have my wifi device plugged, it only flashes once in a while when I am not using it. however, i installed installed a compiled driver for ubuntu (it shows as ra0 in ubuntu now) and whenever i enable wireless, the device just flashes non stop.

my belief is that ubuntu is constantly refreshing to see if it finds any new wireless networks. can i change that somehow? i don't want to overwork my device for nothing, and to be honest the blinking light on it is also quite annoying.

thanks

diablo75
August 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
What is the make and model of the adapter?

Also, you never said whether or not you weren't able to successfully connect to a wireless network, so I can only assume that you are connecting. If you are connecting, and the stability of this connection seems good (e.g., doesn't drop every 10 seconds, downloading large files works just fine, etc.) then I'd ignore the light. Though whoever created the driver might be able to tell you how to modify the blinking behaviour of the light.