PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] trouble viewing photos

gertrude58
August 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Every time I try to view a photo full screen,ubuntu stops and reboots and I have to log on again. Is this a problem with compiz?I dont want to have to turn off compiz everytime I look at photos so does anyone have any other ideas?Thanks!

Volt9000
August 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Try checking out the system logs. Go to the menu items System > Administration > System Log.

Sorry, I'm not sure specific log to look for, but they're all sorted by date and timestamped, so you should be able to find it easily. Just take note of your clock before going fullscreen, and then find that corresponding time in the logs.

philinux
August 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
Every time I try to view a photo full screen,ubuntu stops and reboots and I have to log on again. Is this a problem with compiz?I dont want to have to turn off compiz everytime I look at photos so does anyone have any other ideas?Thanks!

Could be graphics driver related. What make is you graphics card?

System >admin >hardware drivers. Is all ok here.

gertrude58
August 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
All seems to be ok with drivers.My graphics card is intel 965, I know I had trouble getting compiz to work after upgrading to Jaunty. so maybe I'll have to wait till Karmic Koala comes out before it works properly? I hope they can fix this problem if thats what is causing it.

philinux
August 3rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
The fault is that your x session is crashing, interaction with graphics driver and compiz I guess. Have a peep in the xorg log file.

gertrude58
August 3rd, 2009, 07:43 PM
Sorry,I dont know how to find it and probably wouldnt understand it if I could! Being a complete computer [not just linux] newbie.