PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bit torrent default client

blues2use
August 3rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Somehow my Transmission Bit Torrent Client default was showing as Vuze when I tried to download a torrent. I installed and removed Vuze a good while ago and now, for some reason, it was back as the default.

I managed to get it changed back to transmission but I'd like for the default application name to show as Transmission Bit Torrent Client rather than just transmission when starting a torrent download.

Thanks for the help

Barquero
August 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
It's your internet browser that handles which program to launch when you click on a torrent link. In firefox go to edit - preferences - applications - content type bittorrent seedfile and scroll down the action tab to use transmission.

blues2use
August 3rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
It's your internet browser that handles which program to launch when you click on a torrent link. In firefox go to edit - preferences - applications - content type bittorrent seedfile and scroll down the action tab to use transmission.

Okay, I understand that and did that part already.

I want the app name to show up as Transmission Bit Torrent Client and not just plain old transmission. It was like that before Vuze re-entered the choices for bittorrent client choices. Vuze is not completely disposed of on my system (yet) and still shows as the default client even though it isn't installed anymore. How do I find and remove any/all references to Vuze?

The full app name just looks better than plain old transmission...