PDA

View Full Version : [wubi] panels disappeared

wirate
August 3rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Last time I had my panels on I was playing with my Windows system files. I rebooted and there both my panels had disappeared. How can I bring them back?

jonathanysp
August 3rd, 2009, 09:43 AM
try pressing ALT+F2 then typing in gnome-panel, this should bring them up

t0p
August 3rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Go to your Desktop. Right-click by the top or wherever and select New Panel. Add stuff to it by right-clicking on the new panel and clicking Add to Panel...

wirate
August 3rd, 2009, 02:12 PM
alt+f2 doesn't bring anything up. It used to bring something like a Run command.
Right clicking on the desktop doesn't show a new panel option. The menu includes create launcher/ folder etc. but not new panel

adacre
September 8th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I have the same problem. When I log into ubuntu the desktop appears but no panels. If i hit alt f2 nothing happens. The same with alt f1. I've tried restarting, I've tried doing a system restore by hitting esc during start up and selecting the (restore mode) boot option.

Although visually the panels are all that won't start, it appears that something isn't working properly during the startup process. I can hit alt+ctrl+del to restart the computer, but almost all other functions don't work.