PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dvd ripping stopping at 14%

CaptainMark
August 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Im trying to rip some dvds to my ipod using OGMRip, i liked the sound of it because it rips straight to mp4 so i dont have to rip then convert. So far im having trouble with some dvds namely 'dragonball z', it stops at 14%, i dont know why it works okay until then then just halts, no error messages or anything. Im finding it on all dvds but at different point, '28 days later' stops at 55%.

1. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it
-or
2. Anyone have any suggestions for another dvd to mp4 ripper thats easy to install (no compiling if poss, i dont fuly understand it)

llamabr
August 2nd, 2009, 11:12 PM
Any scratches on the disk? Your dvd reader may be more sensitive to such things as the one on your tv.

Put another way, can you watch the dvd on your computer? Try slowing the dvd rip to the slowest rip speed it will go. Faster is more apt to hit bumps.

CaptainMark
August 2nd, 2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah the disks are fine, i can watch them all on my pc. I thought of that at first but ive tried 4 out 18 dbz disks, they all stop at 14%???

llamabr
August 2nd, 2009, 11:18 PM
Oh. You said they all stop at different spots, one at 14%, one at 55%. Which is it? If they're different, I think try slowing down the speed.

If all at 14%, sounds like you run out of memory. But I don't know that application.

CaptainMark
August 2nd, 2009, 11:21 PM
only DBZ disks stop at 14% all in the same box set, a different dvd different film stops at 55%. 4gb should be plenty of ram for this task