PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Borderless picture viewer?

Prince Valiant
August 2nd, 2009, 03:50 AM
I'm wondering:

Is there a program, somewhere in cyberspace, that allows me to view images (JPEG, etc) without any kind of border? No taskbar, no title bar, nothing. It would simply be a cool way to view pictures in conjunction with compiz window scrolling. I Googled it, but didn't find anything; I don't know if this even exists.

Thanks in advance!

-Val

P.S. I've heard of borderless themes, but I'd like to keep borders on other windows.

P.P.S. I know there is probably a better place for this sort of question, but I'm a beginner, and this is the place for beginner's questions.

credobyte
August 2nd, 2009, 04:03 AM
Try Picasa ;)

pedro3005
August 2nd, 2009, 04:41 AM
You could go this way. Install Compiz Fusion, then ALT F2 and type CCSM. Activate the window rules plugin, and go to configure it. On skip taskbar , type 'title=nameoftheprogram'. Remember of course to substitue 'nameoftheprogram' with whatever program you're using.
Hope this works :)

presence1960
August 2nd, 2009, 04:49 AM
most of the viewers have the option to enable full screen at startup in preferences. The toolbar won't show unless you put the pointer to the top or bottom of your screen depending on which viewer you are using.

Prince Valiant
August 4th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks, Presence1960! Great idea!

-Val

presence1960
August 5th, 2009, 03:22 AM
you're welcome.

nothingspecial
August 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM
feh

That`s a command line picture viewer.

sudo apt-get install feh

man feh

egalvan
August 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM
feh

a command line picture viewer.

sudo apt-get install feh

Absolutely exactly what I need for my Digital Picture Frame.

The only thing missing are fade-in/fade-out effects.

Thanks!

bzkd
July 12th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Try Picasa ;)

Just installed Picasa.
Picasa does not do the job on my Ubuntu 11.04 though. It shows too many buttons and sidebar along with any image you open with it.

Only under Windoze, one can see Picasa display pictures the right way when double clicking on them.

Could you tell us how you got success on using Picasa to show a borderless image under Ubuntu?