PDA

View Full Version : Any fix fro remote desktop in 9.10??

Predtech
August 2nd, 2009, 03:22 AM
Hi, will the bug that prevents the refreshing of the desktop when using remote access be fixed in 9.10??
I have 2 pc's both running Ubuntu and i can't upgrade the server pc from 8.10 because i'll lose proper functionality of my remote access, especially considering that it's headless, i just can't afford that.

mikewhatever
August 2nd, 2009, 03:34 AM
Let's hope it will be fixed. 9.10 is still an alpha and there is time, besides, you can help by filing a bug report.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1011078

deki999
November 1st, 2009, 01:39 AM
not fixed...

Predtech
November 1st, 2009, 02:13 AM
yeah, i figured that out when i upgraded my main desktop pc to 9.10.
What was also strange about 9.10 was as soon as i did an install it gave me a report of bad sectors on 2 of my drives.
When i got annoyed at how 9.10 ran on my desktop and decided to reinstall 9.04, strangely, after my first reboot from it's system upgrade, my motherboard decided to die on me, but i don't necessarily blame that on Ubuntu.

akamaleldin
November 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Hi, will the bug that prevents the refreshing of the desktop when using remote access be fixed in 9.10??
I have 2 pc's both running Ubuntu and i can't upgrade the server pc from 8.10 because i'll lose proper functionality of my remote access, especially considering that it's headless, i just can't afford that.

I had the same and all worked fine when I disabled Compiz

System --> Preferences --> Appearance --> Visual Effects --> None

Give it a try

Predtech
November 1st, 2009, 10:33 PM
That has been the answer since 9.04 but that is not a viable answer for me. If i wanted a ****** gui, i'd use windows, lol.
I need a proper solution that will still let me use desktop effects.

orion603
November 2nd, 2009, 01:28 AM
That has been the answer since 9.04 but that is not a viable answer for me. If i wanted a ****** gui, i'd use windows, lol.
I need a proper solution that will still let me use desktop effects.

exactly. this issue wasn't an issue in 8.10 and I don't understand why it became an issue from 9.04. Remote desktop worked just fine with compiz enabled in 8.10.

Predtech
November 2nd, 2009, 02:02 AM
exactly. this issue wasn't an issue in 8.10 and I don't understand why it became an issue from 9.04. Remote desktop worked just fine with compiz enabled in 8.10.

EXACTLY!!!
Why is it an issue now when it wasn't before?

Excedio
November 5th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Anyone get a fix for this yet? Other than disabling compiz?

merlinof2
December 29th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Has this issue just been abandoned? This is ridiculous, how can a working feature like remote control go so horribly sideways with a single upgrade. I've now got two fresh installs and zero remote access. I need this feature as I use it constantly... I've had to resort to <shudder> windows as remote VNC access is working there.

My systems connect fine, but then there is no mouse or keyboard input available.

Now, here is a curve... my Intel graphics laptop to my nVidia desktop fails, but my nVidia desktop to my Intel graphics laptop works, barely... what's going on...?????

chowder
April 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Sucks, I just found out I can't remote in either with visual effects enabled. Anyone know if this is resolved in 10.04?