PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sansa clip/Ubuntu music not showing up

flyfineone
July 29th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Brand new to Ubuntu, I have a Sansa Clip that recently had the firmware updated. A friend successfully added new music from Ubuntu Music folder to the music folder of the Sansa Clip. He made sure all sound/song files were in a .ogg format. Unfortunately the next night when I tried it for myself, that is dragging new music from the Ubuntu music folder into the Music folder of the Sansa Clip (the sansa would show that the files were writing) the new music would appear in the Music folder of Sansa but once I would "unmount volume"/disconnect, the new music would not be on the Sansa Clip!!! Any idea what we're missing here or why it was successful the one night and not the next? I did bring it back to my friend that had the success and same mystery is taking place today. Any feedback would be hugely appreciated people.

Thank you

SpriteSODA
August 2nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
hange the USB mode on the Clip. Select the main menu, down-click to Settings, right-click the wheel, down-click to USB Mode, right-click to show the modes (it is probably on Auto Detect), down-click to MSC.

nrune
September 30th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks for posting this it helped me out a lot today.