PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] nVidia Drivers failed to activate on T61 laptop!!!

TP_FAN
July 29th, 2009, 06:37 AM
I am a .net windows coder with very little experience on ubuntu, I use linux/g++ for ansi c++.

I installed a xubuntu 9.04 on usb flash drive recently.

Everything goes just fine, except 2 things:

1. when go to Application->System->Hardware Drivers, there are 2 drivers of nVidia listed. 180 is the recommended one. I simply clicked on it to activate it and restarted the machine, nothing happened....

Then I went to Applicaton->System->Synaptic Package Manage, searched for nVidia, and clicked all the nVidia 180 related items, and chose to apply. Things seemed to be installed after a while. Then I went reactivate the 180 driver, restarted the machine again, and this time nothing happened again??

Why the 180 driver refused to update?? I tried the same thing on 173 driver, same situation. Can anyone help me out with this??

2. System failed to resume from suspension/hibernation mode

Screen will just simple black-out. I need to press power button for over 3 secs to restart....painful experience, isnt it? Some said this is video driver related problem, so I decided to post here to see if anyone ever experienced the same problems with me. Since I found that information about ubuntu is quite limited on google...

My video card is nVidia NVS 140M

Thank u guys.

TP_FAN
July 29th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Pump!~

feifei880815
August 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
You can try the driver of vision 180.60

I have no problem。
My video card is also nvidia 140M。