PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] uninstall UBUNTU9 from PB G4 Ti

vrcohanim
July 27th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I inherited an Apple power book G4 Ti, I installed a new HD and UBUNTU 9 on it. Unfortunatly it is not as forceful as my UBUNTU 9 on my Dell desktop and HP laptop. I need to know how to uninstall Ubuntu from the PB G4. I have no Apple CDs/DVDs. Is there a faint chance that someone out there can help me, pretty please?:(

decoherence
July 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I inherited an Apple power book G4 Ti, I installed a new HD and UBUNTU 9 on it. Unfortunatly it is not as forceful as my UBUNTU 9 on my Dell desktop and HP laptop. I need to know how to uninstall Ubuntu from the PB G4. I have no Apple CDs/DVDs. Is there a faint chance that someone out there can help me, pretty please?:(

Call Apple and tell 'em you need to restore your powerbook but you don't have any install media. They should send it to you (though it'll be whatever restore disc that shipped with the powerbook.... not a retail copy of leopard)

Otherwise, bite the bullet and buy a retail copy of OS X.

As far as I know, those are your only two (legal) courses of action.

vrcohanim
July 27th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Wow, you are fast!!!
I got a friend to loan me a cd power mac G4 install,and a set of Jaguar installation CDs, instructing are: hold down the C key while booting,black screen reads: Stage 1 booting cdrom... and just seats there,
what gives????
again thank you for your help.
:KS

tripundra
July 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
The MacOS discs are model specified... so if even if both are a G4 but different model, it won't work...
Had the same problem and had to wait for my discs to be sent by mail!!

vrcohanim
July 27th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Hi Tripundra,
Thanks so much for your help,
If you don't mind could you please give me the link or # where I can get this CD from apple. Someone told me that I could download some kind of software that will erase any HD, there again, can I install Jaguar cds on a blank HD?
Lisa:(
I was wondering Please if you know some sort of CD that I can use on a new HD PB G4 Titanium 800mgh, which I installed Ubuntu Lynux OS
(what a mistake). I used D ban to wipe the drive and now I can't install any Apple OS on it.
Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

decoherence
July 28th, 2009, 04:57 PM
You can install Jaguar on a blank HD, yes.

I don't think Apple has a special number or link for this. You just have to call their tech support and ask (nicely.)

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/