PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Cant access OS X after Xubuntu install

ianMac1
July 27th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I have an iBook G4 (PPC). I used Gparted from the Live CD to partition the drive, installed Xubuntu and now I cant access OS X. When I use Gparted in Xubuntu to see the HD it says it cant mount the Macintosh drive because it's locked. Any suggestions?? I really wanted to set it up as dual boot... this is my first experience using Ubuntu so I'm a noob when it comes to using the terminal so any help would be greatly appreciated.

stockley
July 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Try installing rEFIt
http://refit.sourceforge.net/

Not sure if it will help, but it might :P

dewy666
July 28th, 2009, 07:27 PM
have you tried booting holding the option key
also try to boot off the OS X install disk and run disk utility and repair the disk

rjcalifornia
July 28th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Same thing happened to me....

What I did was reinstalling OSX, but you have to use the partition manager from the OSX CD Installer. However, you have to format the Linux Partition as free space.

Hope that helps!

Tofuik
July 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I think I remember hearing somewhere that if you use Gparted to do the partioning it messes up the OSX installation. I had leopard so I did mine with bootcamp.

ianMac1
July 28th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I think I remember hearing somewhere that if you use Gparted to do the partioning it messes up the OSX installation. I had leopard so I did mine with bootcamp.
Thanks for the help guys. Wish I would have known that earlier lol

dewy666
July 29th, 2009, 10:43 PM
so which way worked for you then

when i put ubuntu onto my mac i decided to increase the ubuntu partition and decrease the osx partition and the only way for me to do that was with a gparted live disc so afterwards my drives were playing up so after 2 hours of trying to figure it out i used my leopard install disc to boot and use disc utility to find and repair problems to both discs without losing data on either

W4l0ck
July 29th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I hade a similar problem.